September 24-26, 2010
at Judson Memorial Church
on Washington Square Park
HORIZONS: PERSPECTIVES ON PSYCHEDELICS
September 24-26, 2010
Judson Memorial Church
55 Washington Square South
New York City
Tickets: horizonsnyc.org/tickets (on sale now)
HORIZONS RETURNS FOR ITS FOURTH YEAR
From September 24th – 26th, Horizons: Perspectives on Psychedelics will return for its fourth year. Once again, we will be hosted by Judson Memorial Church in the heart of Greenwich Village.
This is our largest offering yet, featuring thirteen presentations. Saturday’s program will present the latest in medicine, science, psychology and public policy. Sunday afternoon will explore philosophical and cultural topics.
Since its inception in 2007, we have grown from a single afternoon of local and regional speakers to a full weekend of knowledge, community and celebration with presenters from across the United States and Europe.
SPEAKER LINE UP
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2010 (RECEPTION)
- John Perry Barlow, lyricist, essayist and co-founder of the Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Don Lattin, author of The Harvard Psychedelic Club
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2010
- Mary P. Cosimano, MSW, Graduate Social Worker, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Neal M. Goldsmith, Ph.D., psychologist and author of Psychedelic Healing: The Promise of Entheogens for Psychotherapy and Spiritual Development.
- Jeffrey Guss, M.D, Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine and Investigator and Director of Training, NYU Cancer Anxiety Psilocybin Project
- Jill Harris, Managing Director, Public Policy, Drug Policy Alliance
- Matthew W. Johnson, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Torsten Passie, M.D., Assistant Professor, Consciousness Studies, Hanover Medical School, Germany
- Rick Strassman, M.D., author of DMT: The Spirit Molecule and Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- Clare S. Wilkins, Director, Pangea Biomedics ibogaine clinic, Mexico
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2010
- Erik Davis, author of Nomad Codes, TechGnosis, The Visionary State and Led Zeppelin IV
- J.P. Harpignies, author of Political Ecosystems, Double Helix Hubris and Delusions of Normality and associate producer of the Bioneers conference
- Annie Oak, founder of the Women’s Visionary Congress and the Women’s Entheogen Fund
- Dale Pendell, ethnobotanist and author of Pharmako trilogy